Sunday, September 28, 2014

Apple Picking

Yesterday we went apple picking....well, actually we didn't... There were no more apples left about time we got there. 
So I had this great idea to take the kids to an apple orchard to pick some apples. Well there are like zero orchards around us, the closest one I found was an hour away from us, and I decided to follow them on Facebook to know a good time to pick some apples; to make a long story short, this orchard is really small and it was only open last weekend and this past weekend, and every one had the same idea I did, so when we got there it was very crowded and no good apples left. To be honest I was a little disappointed, I was hoping to get a lot of apples, but the boys had fun throwing the bad apples around and they didn't know the difference, so I guess it was a success in their eyes. We did buy home made apple cake and apple butter so we didn't come home completely empty handed, but I now know, that if we do decide to do this again next year, that we will go first weekend and the first opening hour.

No comments: