Saturday, April 18, 2009

He Popped the Question and I Said Yes!!!!

Today has been one of the greatest days of my life!!!! Dustin proposed to me!!!! I have never been happier!!!!! Dustin truly brings joy in my life, the last few months he has become my best friend! I don't know how I got so lucky to have the opportunity to spent all eternities with him!
So you want to know how he did it?
Well.... here we go....
This morning we decided to go hike the R Mountain to watch the sunrise. When Dustin came to pick me up he had gerber daisies with him, Boy, what a great way to start the day. When we were on our way to the R mountain we decided to just watch the sunrise in Beaver Dick Park because the sun was rising a lot faster than we anticipated. We sat on a dock by the river and it was just gorgeous, there was fog everywhere, and all you could hear were the ducks in the distance. Dustin brought his guitar with him and said that he had a song that he wanted to sing to me because it reminds him of me. The song was called: 

She's Got a Way

She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her

She's got a way of pleasin'
I don't know why it is
But there doesn't have to be a reason
Anyway

She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know what it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me

She's got a way of talkin'
I don't know what it is
But it lifts me up when we are walkin'
Anywhere

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around

She's got a way of showin'
How I make her feel
And I find the strength to keep on goin'

She's got a light around her
And everywhere she goes
A million dreams of love surround her
Everywhere

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around

She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know what it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me

She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her
Anyway

After the song he said that he added another verse, than he goes on his knee and he started singing this to me:

Jessica will you marry me?
I love you so much
I'll do my best to make you happy
Together for all eternity
It's a dream come true
We will make our own eternal family
You and me, what do you say?

And of course I said YES!!!!!!! 
Than he went to give me a ring and apologized that it wasn't the ring that I picked out because my ring was not ready yet, so he pulled out a 25 cent ring that he got from a venting machine, but I still loved it! I told him I didn't care as long as the ring was from him! After that we celebrated with sparkling cider and plastic cups! I couldn't stop smiling after that!
Than afterwards we had the opportunity to call and text everyone the great news! I also had the opportunity to talk to Dustin's parents for the first time over the phone, I was nervous at first, but once I got talking with them, I fell in love with them right away! I'm super excited to meet them and be part of their family!!!!!!!!
 I'm super excited about getting married to the most amazing guy in the whole world!



7 comments:

Nancy said...

That's such a cute way to propose! I love it! I am so happy for you both! Congrats again!

Lisa Clark said...

Jessica...we are so excited for you and Dustin!!! We think Dustin has made a great choice...can't wait to meet you in person!

Jamie Blake said...

Yeah-yeah! Congrats girl... I am so excited for you! I am happy that you found someone so good! I am going to miss you, jess! We will have to get together the 4 of us in the fall, k! We will invite you over for dinner!

West Family said...

The second most amazing guy in the world. I do believe I still hold onto the number one status. Your Big Brother, Congrats!

Celia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I am really happy for you!. When is the big day?
Enjoy this time in your life!
I am going private in my blog so please send me your e-mail address:)

Anonymous said...

Jessica Lou oh how I love you!! I am so flippin excited for you! Oh and I am super excited to help you plan!! Which you better let me!! love you Jess COngrats congrats!

Winston said...

Congrats Jess!