Friday, August 10, 2012

The Happiest Place on Earth- Disney World

Yesterday we headed over to Magic Kingdom for the last time before we move, I'm going to miss having all the fun parks close by.

This trip to Disney was a lot of fun because Thomas was old enough to have as much fun as us. Last time I went to Disney he was just barely a year old so he still didn't know what was going on. But this time he had a blast, it was a lot of fun to see him get excited about everything. His favorite part was the monorail to get to the park, we could have done that all day and he would have been a happy camper. 

He loved all the rides we went on, that every time we got off he cried. We went on the Dumbo ride, It's a Small World, and The Pirates of the Caribbean. He thought they were great. 

I didn't take that many pictures because we were always on the move and there are SO MANY people that it's hard to get a good picture without having thousands of people in it. Also when we first got there we were trying to hurry and catch Merida from Brave for the little girls from the Hill family that came with us that morning. 

But I did get a few of the castle, they turned out better than I thought because I was literally walking and taking pictures at the same time, I learned that skill on my Europe trip.



Than we went home for lunch and Thomas and I took a nap. Than that night we decided to go back since we actually never seen the firework show and we figured this might be our last time, but right as we get off the monorail to head to the park it started pouring. So we just chilled at the station for a while, Thomas loved it, he could run all over and watch the monorails go by. 


And this worker thought he was hilarious and came to greet him and gave a little card. He was Thomas'  buddy for a while. Than the rain finally stopped. I love when it rains because people start leaving the parks so it's less crowded and the weather is so nice aferwards. 



Look who's going to be our next king!
(Thomas pulling out the Excalibur) 


When we got to the park we went on few more rides, we even got to ride the Peter Pan ride! A funny story to that, so both Dustin and I have never been on that ride, and the last time I was at Disney, literally every ride in the park was 5 minutes BUT the Peter Pan ride, it was about 70 minutes, and every time I have walked passed the line it's at least 60 minutes. So I'm thinking: What is up with this ride? Is it really that good? But I never went on it because I'm not going to wait in line that long, well through out the night we would keep checking it to see if the line would go down, and we were right there, when we heard this big, manly guy say to his friends, "I love that Peter Pan ride, it's probably my favorite." and he wasn't joking either, that Dustin and I started laughing, this whole idea of  "this amazing Peter Pan ride" just got funnier and funnier (you probably had to be there) and we saw the line was finally 35 minutes, but it ended up being like 10 minutes. We finally got in the ride, when it crashes, like right when we were about to start, and Dustin and I just started cracking up, "Come on! We will never get the chance to ride this amazing ride." well, it finally got back to work and we finally got to ride it. And it was fun but we don't know what the big deal was, both of us looked at each other and started laughing and we both said, "That ride is not worth the 70 minute line it usually has!'

 So there's that great story.

We also got to ride the Haunted Mansion which I loved! I thought it was the best haunted ride I've been on, the ghosts looked AWESOME! It was fantastic, but I love that kind of stuff. Both Dustin and I wanted to ride it but we didn't know how Thomas would do, I figured he would be fine since he's pretty young and he liked it like the rest of the rides, so we went on that one a couple times.

Another funny thing that happened that night was the firework show cancelled because of the weather so we thought that was funny because of all times we could have gone to see them the one time we do they cancel it, but we had fun anyway, and Thomas was awake the WHOLE time, I thought he would fall asleep but he was having too much fun, but the minute we got the car he crashed till 9 this morning, which was super nice.

Anyway it was a great day, and I hope that one day we can go back.

No comments: