Saturday, January 26, 2013

Oliver Joseph Clark



Oliver Joseph Clark

January 24, 2013
born at 5:30 a.m.
7 lbs 9 ounces
20 inches


Well Oliver is finally here! Just when I thought he was not going to come he decided to join us!
He is such a blessing and a sweetheart and such a great addition to our family. 

So who wants to hear the labor story? 

Well, I have been feeling really good these last few weeks, and my contractions stop coming for a while, and I was getting discouraged because I was ready to be done. Even at my Dr appointment 2 days before I had Oliver I was dilated at 3 and 75% effaced, which was where I was the week before so I figured it was going to be another week before anything would happen. I had been feeling really good so I would take Thomas on a lot of walks hoping to get things going, not until Wednesday morning that I didn't feel great, I had constant menstrual cramping and some contractions pretty consistent through out the day but they were very light that I just didn't think too much about it, just maybe my body was prepping for the next week. Than after dinner I felt great again so Dustin and I took Thomas on a walk and I felt fine for rest of the day. 
Not until 11:30 at night when I was taking a bath the I felt 3 pretty good contractions, I told Dustin about it, but I figured it was nothing than for half hour to forty minutes they kept coming, but they were ten minutes apart so we just waited to see, we joked about it being that night, but I could also see my body stopping. I told Dustin if they keep coming by 1:30 lets head to the hospital. So we sat and talked in our room, when they started coming harder, than one came really hard and I told Dustin "We probably should go." that's when my water broke, and that's when the contractions really started hurting and coming every 3 minutes. 
We ran out to the car, thank goodness Dustin's mom was around so we could just go. Dustin drove 80 on the highway because there were no cars and I was having the contractions really hard and every 2 minutes or so, and I kept saying "What if I have the baby here!" that's one of my worst fears, is having a baby in a car. 
We finally get in the hospital, by than I wasn't  really having any breaks between contractions and the nurse could see that, and I was in a lot of pain. That she said to go straight into working on the epidural, but I had to wait till the guy came (he was asleep at home), o boy the longest wait of my life. 
These contractions hurt more than ever, I have never been in so much pain in my life, I felt weak because I was screaming and complaining about the pain, but the nurses told me when the water breaks it hurts that much more because there is no cushion so I had ever right to be screaming. Also what made it hard was that the contractions were constant with no pause, just when I thought one was over another would start, so for every one contraction I had 3 large and long peaks, than have maybe ten seconds of recovery before the next 3 would come. So mentally I wasn't focus because every time I thought it was over it kept coming so I would lose my focus and scream out of pain. 
Than, what seemed like a long time I finally got the epidural.  But before than, my poor nurse, she was awesome, put I held on to her for dear life every time I was in pain, but she was my focus on was and she was my coach through it all. I felt so bad I kept apologizing but she didn't seem to mind. But once I got the epidural I felt amazing, I couldn't be happier, I still could feel the contractions but at least it cut off some of the edge. Than she checked me and thought I would be 7cm dilated, but it turned out I was already at a 9 and almost a 10, so she went to call the dr. So for 40 minutes she let us rest until it was time. She wanted the baby to move down the canal a little more before we start pushing, which I think was awesome because it made the delivery that much easier. 
After some rest we were ready, but we were waiting for the Dr, and she told me to go ahead and push, than she told me to stop because with one push the head was almost out. She told me it will take a few pushes and I would be done, so to wait for the Dr to come in. I didn't believe her, but once the Dr came in, I pushed a few times and he was out. It was such an easy delivery I couldn't believe it.

So the contractions were way harder this time but the actual delivery was so easy I can't complain. I hope the next baby will be this fast and easy.

Now we are home and doing well. Thomas loves having Oliver home, and how he says Oliver is very cute. He is adjusting fine right now, but I think it's because Dustin's home and he's getting most of his attention while I take care of Oliver. He is super protective of Oliver and thinks Oliver is his, and he tries to tell me what to do, like put him in his bed, and wrap him up... so this should be interesting. I know he's trying to look out for his brother but we might have a few bumps these next few weeks.  

No comments: