Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Nieces' Reunion


 A week and a half ago Dustin's family had a nieces' reunion and it was so fun! I'm so lucky to have married to such an awesome family. Dustin watched the two older boys so I just had Peter with me. Dustin's sister also had a baby which was nice because we were nursing buddies and hung out a lot in the car nursing between all the places we went to. 
We did a lot of fun things that weekend, there was a lot of late nights, chatter, and good laughs.
Friday we went bowling and caught up with each others lives. Then we went out for lunch, did some shopping, had yummy salads at Grandma Hayden's house, then had a surprise bridal shower for Taylor, isn't she adorable?
Saturday I taught a painting class like I did last year. The ladies did great, and I even had to leave part of it to feed Peter, and they did just fine without me directing them.
Then we had lunch and we started getting ready for our Downton Abbey themed dinner. Dustin's sister set up the table and it turned out beautiful. We all were excited to get dressed up since most of us are huge Downton Abbey fans. Earlier that week we all had gone shopping at thrift stores trying to come up with our outfits, that it was so fun to see everyone's outfits come together. We were all pretty amazed how everyone outfits worked and we took A LOT of pictures. It was so fun. And by the way, I'm horrible at taking serious pictures.
Emily cracks me up in this picture.
Doug, my father in law, was Carson the butler, and he did an awesome job; he kept bringing me rolls, he knows me too well.
And some more pictures:
Sunday we had a big breakfast and Dustin came with the boys, and it was so good to see them. 
I had such a great time, I can't wait for next year! Maybe we will do another themed dinner?

1 comment:

Brianna said...

We definitely need to start doing this on our side of the family!! It looks like the best time! I am so jealous of the Downton Abbey party. SO fun!! Also, you're serious face is better than mine. Our wedding photographer asked me to do a bunch of serious faces. I look really mad in all of them. :( Ha ha!