Sunday, May 8, 2011

New York Trip

 This past weekend Dustin, Thomas & I got to go to NEW YORK! It was super fun. We went to New York, I mentioned in earlier posts, that Dustin received an award and had a piece in the Society of Illustrators gallery, well this last weekend was the award ceremony so we went for that. It was really fun because we were also able to meet up with Brother Huntsman {one of our past art teachers} and a fellow student. We were not there long but we were able to walk around time square and walk through Central Park. Thomas LOVED NYC he was entertained with all the lights and pictures, it was really funny to see. We also walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and that was really cool.
On our way back from NY Dustin and I stopped at the Brandy Whine River Museum and we got to see some N. C. Wyeth paintings and they were AMAZING! You should check the artist if you don't know about him, he did some paintings for the book Treasure Island and many other books.
So a funny story, so there is a scary movie called "1408"that is based of a Steven King story that I made Dustin watch a year ago that scared him so much he couldn't finish it. Well, when we arrived at our hotel guess what room number we had, yep you guessed it, 1408, we both laughed about it, and luckily we survived.

One of my lamp post pictures...ha ha
Thomas & I at time square


Central Park


one of the few pictures of all three of us together

Brother Huntsman, and Hanna. Kinda made me miss college seeing these two people.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

So fun!! Brother Huntsman is in my ward. He's funny.

Someday I want to go to New York.

Anonymous said...

um so jealous that you got to go to NYC and oh my gosh you are absolutely adorable Jess!! I LOOOOOOOOOVEE you hair!

Winston said...

That's so cool that you got to meet up with Bro Huntsman. I miss him! I miss college too! that art class we had together was a lot of fun! I'm glad that you were able to go to NYC before you moved. it's a pretty happenen place!