Friday, November 16, 2012

San Antonio Trip!

Yesterday we just got back from our San Antonio trip! It was a lot of fun. 
The reason we went was because there was a caricature convention down there that Dustin wanted to attend and I wanted to go for the fun of it.

We left very early Tuesday morning so Dustin could make to some seminars that day. So while Dustin went to his seminars I checked out the Alamo and some tourists sites. We also went to the Alamo on Thursday so Dustin could come with us. Than every night Thomas would be out by 6ish (are days were always packed, poor kid would be so tired) and I would go back to our resort and Dustin would be at the caricature convention all night. I had fun just relaxing in our room, our hotel was very nice with valet parking, 2 bedroom,  2 bathrooms and one with a jacuzzi, I was in heaven. So thank you grandma and grandpa Hayden for letting us use your time share!

So here are some pictures there are a little out of order, but you get the idea.

So here are some pictures of the Alamo on Tuesday and Thursday.
The Alamo was right in the middle of the city, and smaller than I anticipated but very BEAUTIFUL, I was not disappointed. It was also fun to go with Dustin because he's never been, or if he has he was too little to remember so I told him now he is true Texan!
Than on Thursday we walked through the river walk and that was beautiful and amazing, it was my favorite part of San Antonio, it reminded me of Venice with the bridges and the little shops and restaurants everywhere. It wasn't always stroller friendly because it's pretty old, but I loved seeing the old architecture and mosaics all over. 

On Wednesday while Dustin was at the caricature convention I took Thomas to the San Antonio Zoo, I almost went to SeaWorld, I know I'm pathetic, but I like mentioned before I really miss Orlando's SeaWorld. But we had a late start the morning and it was further away, so I decided to just go to the zoo, and Thomas loved it, he loved seeing the animals. The zoo was good, especially for the price but I wished they kept it up a little nicer, than it would have been really awesome.
We were there most of the day, and afterwards there is some beautiful parks next door, and they had a train you could ride around, so I took Thomas to that before we left for the day and he loved it, probably his favorite thing this whole trip, that when we left he cried for good half hour, it didn't help that he was super tired and had been walking all day, that he cried till he fell asleep in the car and was out for rest of the night. 

It was a really fun trip, I would recommend San Antonio for a place to visit for sure! We are all exhausted after this trip, and we came home late last night, and I still went to the Breaking Dawn part 2 midnight showing with a friend, ha ha I go for the girl's night not really for the movies, they aren't my favorite but I always have fun going to a midnight showings,  so I'm really tired today so hopefully we can recover for Thanksgiving next week!

No comments: