Monday, June 24, 2013

Hard Week

Last week was really hard. I was so glad when Sunday came around because it was that hard, I usually don't  wish my life away but I couldn't wait till last week ended. Motherhood can be really hard, and last week was a good example why motherhood is hard, and what's funny is now I can't remember everything that happened, another thing that I think happens in motherhood, forgetting the bad parts; that's why we give birth more than once.
I think part of the reason it was hard was because I started my online art class, while working on art commissions, and last minute someone asked me to substitute teach Relief Society (which I have never done before)  so I was trying get that stuff done at night when it seemed like almost every night some type of disaster happened. 
To give you an idea, one night Thomas was throwing up, luckily Dustin took care of that one because I'm usually feeding Oliver at nights. This past week Oliver has been waking up more and not going back to sleep so that makes long nights. One night when the missionaries were over, and I was so tired that night, Thomas twisted his ankle so he was crying and limping while I was trying to get dinner done, than he asked if I would put "superman" on his foot, which is just lavender oil, I've been using that whenever he got ant bites and we have called it "superman" for some reason, and he wanted to hold the bottle, so not thinking about it I let him hold it, and next thing I knew he open it and spilled it all over him and the couch, so again, not thinking, I took the empty bottle and was trying to finish dinner and left him and a few minutes later he was screaming in pain and I quickly realized he rubbed his eyes with his hand that had a bunch of oil on it, so I was rushing him in the bathroom trying to get it washed out, and had Dustin and the missionaries finish the dinner. 
Last week Dustin worked all closing shifts, so I would make dinner and put the kids to bed by myself, and clean up, and I have to time it just right before the melt downs happen, and the boys seem to like to have them at the same time. So that wore me out, and I would want to relax afterwards but had to work on the stuff I mentioned earlier. And Dustin's day off he helped someone in our ward half the day with their yard, which I'm grateful to have an amazing husband that does that, but I do cherish his days off because I can get a little break, and this last week I didn't. 
Anyway, that wasn't half of what happened this week, but like I said I can't remember everything but it seemed everyday something dramatic happened with the kids, and I remember Dustin and I traded taking care of the kids a lot so one person could take a half hour nap so we could function for the rest of the day. 
Anyway, I feel like I'm complaining, but really it was a hard week and hopefully this week will go smoother, but here are some snapshots of some good times this past week:

No comments: